Tuesday 26 January 2021

Caecilius est pater

Matella est mater et Quintus est filius et Grumio est coquus, et cetera.

I was reminded of one of the new species at Cullaloe this year when the record was verified on iRecord (yay, I didn't screw it up). Rather than stick to the standard menu of flies and beetles, which I'm going to major on, I've also taken bits and pieces of other things with varying degrees of success. This is the only psocid I have so far - Epicaecilius pilipennis. Hopefully it won't be the last. I have the tools so no excuses.




The name reminded me of 'O' Grade Latin at high school, and the very useful phrase "Caecilius is the dad", which has been invaluable in daily life. It's still hard to believe that we studied Latin at school, when I basically went to Drug Stab Comprehensive, and non-denominational into the bargain. Even more odd when the teacher used to wear a cape. He was definitely an outlier, that guy.  



No comments:

Post a Comment