Since the weather was overcast and I still forgot to bring a net anyway I decided to do a round of the woods to see if anything fungal had popped up. I managed to locate a little crop of Sulphur Tuft, and the rust on Meadowsweet that I had just last night looked up from my Dumfries and Galloway trip, as well as another which went into the box for later determination. As I returned to the car I noticed a soldier beetle with black elytrae. I failed to get a decent photo, but it looks like they're not so easy to determine to species anyway, so I'm not at all upset that I missed it. Once the umbellifers are out I'm sure I'll have another shot at some if I want.
|350||Triphragmium ulmariae||A rust on Meadowsweet veins||28/05/2014|
|349||Hypholoma fasciculare var. fasciculare||Sulphur Tuft||28/05/2014|
|Tubaria furfuracea again?|
Last night added a couple more from yesterday's vascular plant roundup. Also got a couple of moth IDs in from DD for earlier in the month, so those will push the numbers up of everything. A monster day saw 10 spp. added to the totals, with one moth, one hoverfly, one fungus and one flower species still with ID outstanding. Moths were added literally morning, noon and night!
|Trifolium pratense||Red Clover||29/05/2014|
|Vicia sepium||Bush Vetch||29/05/2014|
|Enallagma cyathigerum||Common Blue Damselfly||29/05/2014|
|Crambus lathoniellus||Hook-streak Grass-veneer||29/05/2014|
|Lomaspilis marginata||Clouded Border||29/05/2014|
|Xanthorhoe fluctuata||Garden Carpet||29/05/2014|
|Xanthorhoe montanata||Silver-ground Carpet||29/05/2014|